My Name Sucks

I've decided I really don't like my name:
Haley Marie Schmidt
1) It just doesn't flow. It's so bam, bam, bam.
2) Marie is one of the most common middle names. It's up there with Jane, Renee, Elizabeth, Nicole, Anne, and lynn. Those names that just aren't great enough to be a good first name so parents just stick them in the middle because they can't whip up any creativity after shoving a baby out.
3) Haley just sounds so 'little girl' to me. It isn't a strong CEO name. What makes it worse is that it was the most popular baby name of either '99 or '00. So there are loads of 5 year old girls running around with my name. Now I'm the old hag with a little girl name. I'm in Sears and I hear,"Haley get your butt back over here!!!" Then I'm turning around like,"What, what, why is someone yelling at me!?"
4) All those 5 year old girls are ugly. I think I've met 2 other Haley's that were cute. It makes me question my own cuteness and that's just sad.
5) Haley means "Hay Meadow." Enough said.
6) What's worse than having a last name that rhymes with shit.
These are the names I am considering for my own children in say 12 years:
Jissai Atticus (boy)--Jissai is an old Buddhist monk name, Atticus is from To Kill a Mockingbird, a book I never finished (hehe)
Ainn Reece-pronounced ay-N (boy)--stole it from a TV channel abreviation AIN, I've no idea what it stood for
Eila Brianne-pronounced I-la (girl)--Eila is also an old Buddhist monk name, Brianne is my older sister's name
I think these names kick ass. Strong, different, but not so different that the kid would get made fun of.


2 Comments:
One of the coolest and most creative women I've met is named Hayley. And she's pretty, too. So don't give up on your name yet.
Hayley actually sounds very nice in my humble opinion ;-) I changed mine a few years back officially from Guðrún Ellen to Gunnella. The thing was though that I´d always been called Gunnella and the other name was merely used for official purposes..... Feel better after doing it though, like I stood up for what I wanted myself... then I of course went and gave both my kids old traditional names ;-) with an international twist though ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home