J's Coming Home

My old friend J, is coming down to Texas from Massachusettes on Wednesday. I haven't seen him in 2 years...I am seriously excited. J was one of those weird kids that was a yuppie at age 12. He dressed in slacks and a button-down shirt most of the time and in jogging shorts a t-shirt and sandals every other time. He is a vegetarian, or at least was before he left. The last book I saw him read was War and Peace in the middle of our Pre-Cal class sophomore year. If I picture him as an adult I see him on a laptop in some bohemian cafe dressed in a suit with birkenstocks and his hair in a ponytail. He was a special guy and I loved making fun of him---he was just so easy. We had a sarcastic relationship. And the people that I am the most sarcastic with are the people I care most about.
I can't wait to see him!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home